PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2009, 16:16
The Dominican

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 ANA is taking quite a few early B787's, which boeing admits, are over weight. yes cheaper to buy, but always hauling extra weight around.

Any comment from those in the know. Also how do the pax & cargo loads look.
The loads in terms of passengers have been picking up lately and we are running pretty good loads in our flights (don't have the numbers system wide, just giving you my observation based on my flights) cargo numbers are still pretty low but showing an upward trend actually, we carry cargo on the pax flights also and although they are increasing a bit, they are still half of what we used to see before.

The 787? Well, pretty much every new A/C comes out performing with lower expectations than what the drawing board numbers suggested (I.E. the salesman numbers) this was certainly the case with the A-380. The utilization is the key because the route structure of ANA and the placement of this A/C in medium and short hauls lessens the impact of lower than expected performance numbers, the 787 is an eventual substitute of the 767 and ANA doesn't really do ultra long hauls on the 76's If I'm not mistaken (correct me if I am) we do the longest 767 run at Air Japan (HNL) I think that besides the lower than expected performance numbers, the 787 will fit well for the utilization that they are planning.

Just been busted on my application..got 7600 TT more than 5000 jet 700 on B 747 Classic 1200 full glass but do not have heavy PIC...out of parc,...NO ANSWER...

Any flying bird out there has any idea why...spent days with an handfull lady out of Ireland working on my file before mail it to Japs...and crosschecked twice the missing minimum of eavy PIC

So far the BEST COMMUTING Contract I ever seen around!
My RGDS guys
It is frustrating pilotlear because you do have a good experience but you have to consider two factors. 1) as impressive as your experience is, you have a LOT of guys with those numbers or better applying right now. Those numbers are the average experience levels of the F/O's joining the line now, have you considered applying as an F/O? the money is not bad on the right seat and the prospect of upgrade within the first contract is pretty good so that might be an option you would want to consider.
2) It has been posted by several folks here that the company see the minimums as a solid number and if you are missing an hour from the minimums it is just that, you don't meet the minimums. I understand your frustration but it is what it is