PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Late touch-down and extremeley heaving braking at BHX today...
Old 19th Apr 2009, 12:35
Avman

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Only agree with you up to a point Rainboe. Remember this is the SLF forum. It's by asking questions that people can educate themselves. No harm in asking, but it's how you ask. What often bugs me are the SUN newspaper headline-type superflous comments/incorrect deductions which accompany perfectly reasonable questions.

Many years ago, in a B707 over the Atlantic, we were in the cruise nice and smooth when we suddenly rolled and pitched. The manouver was violent enough for a number of pax to scream. We recovered quickly and that was that. I had a good idea what may have happened and thought no more of it. There were lots of nervous pax for the rest of the flight. A little explanation from the boys up front might have helped. In a lifetime of flying most pax may probably never experience "unusual" events, so when it does happen I can understand the need for a curious "ïs it normal" or "what caused this" question. Just keep the question factual and simple.