PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas will be dead in 6 months
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2009, 12:19
teresa green

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Forget about who paid for what, or JQ V QF, it is now all in the past, what is important for you all is what happens now, where does it all go from here ?? It is becoming increasingly obvious that Virgin is teetering, and blind freddie could see some fairly audacious changes ahead for the whole industry, if you could see 12 months down the track, I suspect you would be gobsmacked, time to make your unions strong, stand united, and tighten seatbelts, it is going to be one hell of a ride for a year or so and I don't envy you one bit, but the QF Group will survive I am sure, any Govt, that allowed Qantas to die, would be shown the door, as they well know, as does AJ, one small comfort for those worried about future employment in Pilot and Engineer ranks. Its pointless stating AN's case, different times, different problems, the demise of TAA and AN was distressing to say the least, but THE RAT is moving up the food chain bigtime, and Australians lazy and laid back as they can be, would be be disturbed from their apathy, when QF's last rites were read, and there would a roar from the masses, and some hurried Parliment House meetings as MP's were besieged by their constituents, "whadya mean ya selling off the freckin airline, over my freckin dead body" it would be equal to selling off the AFL,NRL and flogging the War Memorial to the Japanese, it just ain't going to happen , not in my lifetime anyway.