PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Late touch-down and extremeley heaving braking at BHX today...
Old 19th Apr 2009, 11:57
Rainboe
Warning Toxic!
Disgusted of Tunbridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well thank you Avitor- nothing personal was meant, although it is taken as such by so many, but we do seem to have reached a level of safety in aviation where anything so much as a slightly heavier than normal landing or a go-around is now perceived as 'dangerous- where's my lawyer? What have you done to me?' In the past, one was relieved merely to have survived the experience (and one frequently didn't). Now it's all so safe, people feel really aggrieved over the slightest non-normal thing. Look at the various outbursts re Pen ('my mother didn't check my sex') Hadow's ridiculous Ryanair depressurisation at Lyons last year. You would think Ryanair personally insulted each and every passenger whereas they were perfectly and responsibly (and satisfactorily) handled. They all wanted to sue instead of queueing for the Captain's autograph (3 Euros each to Ryanair please) and falling at MOL's feet shrieking 'we are unworthy!'

It has to stop before we go completely like America. Common sense must be made to rule.