PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas will be dead in 6 months
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2009, 09:08
RAD_ALT_ALIVE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Domestic version? What is the domestic version?

I thought I made it clear to you - there is only one Jetstar! If that is the company you mean; the company that flies domestic and international in narrow body and wide body aircraft, then we're talking the same language.

That's where we stop talking the same language!

Everything is paid for by the Qantas Group? Yes, you're right: everything (for mainline, QLink, catering, engineering, holidays, etc, etc) is paid for by the Qantas Group. Why? Because every element is part of the Qantas Group. They each leverage off the buying power of the group to pay for their own out-goings.

If you're saying that JQ pays for nothing in the sense that auditors would be able to confirm that JQ pays for nothing, then you are indeed an idiot of biblical proportions. The 2008 (and the previous 4 or 5) annual report shows revenue v. profit. How do you account for the difference? It's the outgoings that JQ have to pay to various service/product providers. As a member of the QF Group, I'm sure we do get the benefits of the Groups hedging policy - but so do the regionals and probably Jetconnect too.

Perhaps I can concede that the start up costs were footed by the Group. But then again, any start up has to have start up costs footed by someone - it doesn't come free. As for the "...hundreds of millions of dollars..." of start up costs?! Perlease... What was the figure that Sir R put up when he started DJ? Half of one of those hundreds of millions.

As for the rest of your fiscal assertions? Each division of the Group has to sink or swim on P & L that each submits at the end of the fiscal year. If you think that a publicly listed company can cook the books in such a cavalier fashion, in a way that regulators can't see through, then perhaps the best you should aspire to is to stick to writing badly written posts on public forums.