PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - COS08 RA65 SLS - everybody calm down!
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2009, 04:55
Air Profit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmm, very curious post. Far (with a capital F) too detailed to be just your 'speculation'. I surmise that you are either: a) management, b) HKAOA committee member, or c) crazy! Many of the ideas you express are intriguing, but at their end are verging on being apologistic towards managements aims, without the deeper discussion that is needed as to the factual basis for LWOP. If an airline is in serious trouble, they do not continue to spend on all other areas, OTHER than employees. The savings incorporated within the LWOP scheme amount to less than 1% of the annual budget. Basically a 'rounding' error. The company no more 'needs' these cuts than they do new furniture in the Headland Hotel. At it's provable base this is simply a way of cutting deeper into the cost of personnel (again!), and doing so now because the overall economic situation makes it convenient. The main provable fact behind my thesis is that there is no mechanism to return the sacrificed pay back to the hard working employees. Surely this would be the minimum condition that an honourable management would acknowledge? I can accept the company acting as they do, it' in their nature. What I will not accept is the total lack of honesty and contempt shown in their actions. I suggest that being an apologist for TT is not exactly going to garner much in the way of objectivity....