PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Missing Piece
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2009, 02:36
Apple Tree Yard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
size matters....and to what cost exactly? Is there no threshold that you would suggest determines a different and harder response? Your supine attitude has allowed CX to degrade EVERY SINGLE MAJOR CONDITION of our employment over the past 15 years. As I mentioned several weeks ago, when I see the airline cancelling a/c orders, laying off staff, and most importantly laying off management and cutting their pay, THEN I will conclude that 'times are tough'. Has it not occcured to you and your like that this airline has been earning enourmous profit for over 60 years?! What exactly is the point of that, where has all that money gone, and more importantly, why should we panic the first time we have a difficult year? The fact that there is not a provision to return this money to the staff when there is demonstratable improvement in the financials is all the proof needed to conclude that this is nothing more than a cynical cost cutting exercise, designed to lower yet again the base line pay and benefits of our profession. Your attitude is EXACTLY what they are looking for. Weak and pathetic. Go ahead and roll over, just kindly stop pretending that this is all justified. At least be a man and accept that this is all about power and greed.

ps. funny thing about your comments...you mention that 'such and such company is LAYING OFF xxx number of workers'..... That is exactly what we would/should be doing if this was indeed a REAL crisis. Hmmm, a bit odd that we are not doing so....how curious.