PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas will be dead in 6 months
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2009, 00:51
teresa green

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WRONG, Who Flung Dung without JQ, QF will not survive. The world has to become leaner and meaner, and that includes airlines, the days of top heavy carriers are over and that includes domestic. I have no doubt QF will survive, albeit in a leaner and meaner way, JQ will continue to grow but in a different way to QF, but they will both need each other to survive in the new world order against more cashed up and aggresive eastern and aisian airlines. Where this takes current QF pilots and engineers is anyones guess, but the pressure will be on for more work and less money, no doubt going on previous severe downturns, very senior Capts will be offered early retirement, trouble makers will discreetly be seen no more, professional First Officers will be shown the door, cadets will be sent bush, S/Os this time unlikely to be seconded, could find themselves on extended leave, and the rest will get less flying, some only enough to keep current, having lived and worked thru no less 3 severe downturns this seems to be the pattern, I don't think many of you are going to end up on cropdusters, but there are worrying times ahead, and if I were a young bloke like most of you are, I would have plan B in order like a bit of moonlighting or making money out of a interest you have, until the whole box and dice settles down again as it surely will.