PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2009, 23:22
Wing_Bound_Vortex

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Couldn't agree more with BMRR, ( and he knows me well, how are you mate? ) if you've thought it all through and really, really know the risks you're taking on, then the best of luck. It isn't easy to get through selection nor get through the course as a whole, just throw yourself into it and see what happens the other side of training, that's all you can do if you're already in the process.

If you're thinking of starting training soon, in the hope of there being an upturn 2 years down the line, then i think you're being very brave, but again the best of luck, timing is at least half the battle of finding a job in this business. You may just be lucky. Or not. Can you accept that risk?

A final cautionary note. I know of at least one FO who is now paying for his type rating and line training at BMI this summer, total expenses up to that stage over £125,000 to get in that right seat....... So will they have a job offer after their contractual 3 months of line training is finished? Again i leave it for you to look at the market and figure out what the realistic chances are. Can you imagine the repayments on that sort of debt??

Don't ever let yourself get into that situation.

Good luck

WBV