PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A&P Licence
Thread: A&P Licence
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2009, 23:18
asacrj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im not a engineer so could not comment on the technical issues but i do know as someone in the recruitment game that holders of UK and Australian issued engineer licences appear to be held in the highest regard world wide, whilst the A@P certificate is regarded as something of a joke, whether this justified or not i wouldnt like to say but that is how it is.
Yet mechanics with A/P in the USA work on more aircrafts in a day than mechanics in the whole of europe plus Australia combined. Not to mention that these same A/P mechanics are the one who work the assembly lines at Boeing, Cessna, beechcraft, lockheed ...ect.

I work as a mechanic for an airline in the US that has more flights and more planes than BA and Qantas combined and we operate boeing, MD Douglas, Airbus, Canadair and Embraer jets and yet me and my coworkers do a pretty good job at keeping our planes safely in the air.

You see, you people with your B1 and B2 can call A/P and A/P license holders any kind of names you want however I know one thing, when it comes to aircraft maintenance I'm has good has anybody else anywhere in world.

Anyway I'm tired now, I just finished return to service an airplane that just Took off for 15 hour flight to the middle east with about 245 souls on board. Not bad for somebody who has a license that some of you call a joke.