PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2009, 22:41
mattyh1986

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
business

Beak, you are right CTC are a business, but it works both ways. CTC want to make money they aren’t a charity and just enjoy helping people follow a dream, however, to make money they rely on a customer to buy their product, if their turning out poor quality products their customer retention is going to be poor. Which is why they do a selection to ensure their cadets are trainable and maximise the possibility that they will gain employment and ultimately meet their customers expectations, which is, a good quality pilot.

As a business they need to minimise their risk, CTC guarantee £30,000 of training costs if they take anybody on they will start having to pay out because people will be failing and have to drop out.

This is not marketing hype, I am not being blinded by sales jargon this is common sense and fact. I am not going into this blind and everybody is entitled to their opinion. People on here are not necessarily disagreeing with you, and a number of people have actually praised what your saying, myself included. What’s annoying people is your approach to it, you come across aggressive.

As for the news about the BA pilots, How refreshing to come on here and read something that made me smile.

Last edited by mattyh1986; 18th Apr 2009 at 23:13.