PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First Solo Announcement!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2002, 18:25
djk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just want to thank everyone who has congratulated me on this. It's been one hell of a past 16 months with lots of canceled lessons in between and waiting for the weather to be just right for the instructor to be totally sure that I'd be able to cope on my own.

I have to say I totally agree with Trev Thom's write-up on Ex 14, it really is a great compliment when your instructor gets out of the plane and says "ok, you're on your own now"

I'm most certainly looking forward to my nav exercises and also my first solo landaway and I can well believe that there are more and greater highlights further down the line.

Helen, I have to say I've been on a cross=channel flight with a mate of mine who let me take the controls for a fair portion of the flight. which actually was the time I caught the flying bug. 23rd September 2000 Rochester -> Le Touquet.in a PA28
I can say that was great fun and thoroughly enjoyable, but as it's 4 days after my solo and I still have the grin on my face, been threatened with violence at work if I take out my logbook one more time and people walk away from me now if I utter the words "... have I told you yet about my first solo"? I have to say this is far far better

SteveR, this is all your fault

Last edited by djk; 7th May 2002 at 19:40.