PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How did you study for your PPL?
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2009, 13:23
Mike Parsons

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
John,

I was in a similar position to you. This year I started with the exams (January) and have now passed my fourth one (comms). I have done:

- Air Law - 90%
- Human Factors - 100%
- Met - 100%
- Comms 96.666666667%

And I have only racked up 2 hours air time. I am trying, now to hit the skies hard now with lessons being booked in once or twice a week in April and May, however I have only had one official startup lesson which was last week due to the weather.

I have found getting into the exams fairly easy without the added pressures of lessons. Maybe it would have sunk in easier if I had started lessons at the same time as my exams, who knows!? It has worked for me. Here's generally what I do:

- Read the AFE PPL Book for subject cover to cover noting important points down in a notepad.
- Read over my notes.
- Go through each question in the confuser answer it, get it right / wrong, find out why - look at the explanation why/how/where said question happens etc.

Once I have done this go back through the question bank and memorise questions and answers...works for me.

Anything anyone takes an interest in is likely to do well.

Visit my blog on my early and ongoing experiences: http://ppllog. blog spot .com (remove all spaces, this forum doesn't like people posting blog links)