PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft cleaning service
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2009, 12:37
dash 27

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have done it

Hello.

I in the 80's as a teenager, funded my licence from student to commercial with a niche market on the gold coast. I wasnt greedy and had no overheads, and I in those days washed, polished and detailed the interiors of all types. I had clients who would pay me weekly to prepare, cross seatbelts, vac, remove bugs, check oil and ensure it was always full of fuel, so they could just show up and go. And others would pay me in flying lessons and some would give both money and flights for the cause. I had a good raport with everyone, at the airport and outside as my name spread.

These days, most airports have environmental issues with solvents going into drains. Designated wash bays for washing, and charging for the use of it. And then there is the issue of people letting you taxi their airplane. Insurance, and the like in these economic times i would find a challenge to find a profit for any enterprise other than for the love of flying.

Sure if you did other things like cars or boats and specialized in aircraft, then that might attract a professional look for you, but the airport hangar rat has been flogged to death without a long term niche.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but best wishes if you can find a way to make it work.

Cheers