PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jail and 10-year ban for Thomson pilot!
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2009, 12:17
ScottyDawg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Self Righteous Freight.

Napoleon is quite correct.

Legally over the flying limit is quite a difference from being labelled a "drunk"
These so-called 'limits' have been set by a bunch of pen-pushing politicians and civil servant types who have managed to align themselves as 'experts' in defining such limits.

Other professions such as the legal, nursing, dentistry and medical fraternities have systems in place where if - a member of said profession commits an offense (civil or criminal), then an duly elected board of their peers decide the relevant penalties with regard to their careers - i.e. lawyer or doctor etc.. 'struck off' and prevented from practising their profession.

This guy has been subject to appalling treatment at the hands of the judiciary. - and they should be ashamed of themselves.

Not so long ago there was a bloke who drove a Land Rover fatigued.. crashed into a railway line, train subsequently ploughed into Land Rover and people lost their lives as result of this tragic incident.

Bloke driving Land Rover is still in the pokey. The relevance here is that precedence in law has now been set for causing death or injury through fatigue...

So why isn't that so bloddy well regulated in public transport law?... answer.. because of commercial impact..i.e. money...

Where are all the reports of security staff at airports reporting aircrew for "visible signs of fatigue" etc...

Recent report on one of the motoring publications stated that a copper nicked a car driver for laughing... yes... laughing at a joke heard over the radio - 'undue care and attention' was the charge.

New Labour... or should I say the lunatics.. are now in charge of the asylum..