PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA and Project Columbus III
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2009, 10:22
Crunchy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The way I see it going - and this is not necessarily what I agree with or think is a great idea, but just what will happen, is that the majority of crew will vote to strike. I think we all know that dont we?

Nobody enjoys a strike. Its just an awful and nasty experience that usually leaves both sides licking their wounds. I fear, we are really going to be licking very big wounds this time as BA have us where they want us, but neither can they afford a strike. That type of action right now, is just not an option for them so they're not exactly in the best position in the current climate for a costly battle with crew.

It'll get called off at the 11th hour. The new fleet will go ahead (we know that's a forgone conclusion), and BASSA will have to negotiate for better t&c's. It's never going to be as good as the current contracts, but neither should it be as shocking as their proposal.

This business of serving 90s notice is absolutely spot on. Yes they could do it, but legistically, no they can't and anyone can figure that one out.

We all know every department in BA is being hit, but CC are being hit the hardest. We have a big union behind as. We are a very large community so we can be heard.

I have many friends in other departments within the airline, including ground staff - whom are treated abysmally, engineers, pilots and office staff - even CCM's!! I wish and hope your own unions can and will fight your corners too.

And, when I say these things like 'fight your corner' I don't mean to bring the airline down or anything stupid like that.

Do I want any of the above? No. Am I happy about it? No. Do the other 13000 odd crew at LHR? No. Would anyone like it no matter who they are or where they work? Of course not!! Are we going to fight tooth and nail - naturally! Will we win - probably not! Let just hope the outcome isn't too painful. It pains me to admit it, but, like others here who might share a similar opinion, that's what large companies do.