PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How did you study for your PPL?
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2009, 10:05
Vems

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello

I think the theory is the worst part of getting your PPL, although I motivate myself by looking at the cockpit on 747's in my room every morning when I get up! (it really helps )

Hm, I do it a bit different. In fact I'm only doing my second exam now but hey..

What I do is read the book chapter by chapter and after each chapter make a summary of the most important things (they seem important to me!) and all the basic stuff. I do a chapter to 3 chapters per day, depends on how long they are. Once I get through the book I read my summary notes and quickly run through the book with the things I can't fully understand. Then it comes the time for the confuser, with Air Law I just read the questions, answered them and marked myself. I did pass the exam first time so that was fine, although I started Meteorology second and it seemed a bit harder although way more interesting. I did the same thing as with Air Law apart from the Confuser bit. I didn't run through the questions first, but through the explanations and make notes of them, explains why the answer is this and it's not different, then I quickly run through the questions and two days ago, I made myself 6 tests In the Confuser, for Met there's 119 questions, I made up 6 tests with 20 question numbers on each (Just random number of question). I did first 2 tests yesterday and after I marked myself, I had 100% and 95%. I'm going to the rest of them today, as I have a whole day free and I've been running through the questions and explanations for the past week so I guess, I'll do few practices and MIGHT write the exam tomorrow.

It works for me, I learned all the stuff I need.

As with flying, I decided to do one exam per 3 weeks /month, as I only fly an hour per week ( will get wayy more in the summer.)

So.. anyways. Happy studying!