PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK407 Tailstrike @ ML
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2009, 09:50
vino

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Everyone can learn from it but there's no way they can keep their jobs after that.....
Some really good points made, but...............
-do the medical profession castigate for a single, catastrophic failure? Nup- have medicos in the family and this doesn't happen -to this extent at least.
-do the banking/corporate sector sanction error-prone members (no comment required)
-do airline CEO's suffer exile for poor performance and repeated examples of bad judgement? Aahm- do I have to supply names here
-the list goes on.
The critical issue is whether the cause is rationally judged as systemic or otherwise.
Pre-departure cockpit mayhem is something I've watched in Europe for 10+ years of a 30 year career and the common thread to my objection is- 'that's just the way it is!'
I can rest assured there will be some changes resulting from this event-all for the better we hope.
Keep their jobs?
Yes-in an appropriate capacity-because they remain professionals who, we assume, on the day, were striving for a vastly better result.
Word of mouth says the PF did a very cool job trading speed/height until climb away was initiated(that would be an unknown V2).
And- simmers and locomotive drivers/spotters- don't bother replying.....
please re-visit the PPRUNE acronym....-and go back to your day jobs!
No offence intended- but discussing peoples careers is inappropriate unless you are in the industry
Vino