PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: REX Recruitment/Cadetship and Working for REX
Old 18th Apr 2009, 04:04
apache

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
isn't there a government "fairness test" applied to new eba's to ensure no-one is disadvantaged by a new award?
Isn't CASA a not for profit government agency, designated primarily with air SAFETY, and the efficient process of industry consultation and regulation?

wake up son!

IF LKH can get a 3%, or less, EBA thru a vote and have it ratified by the dept of industrial relations amid an economy of doom and gloom.... do you HONESTLY think KRUDD's government will say "hey... stop oppressing pilots!" ???

Unfortunately KRUSTY is right on the mark with his statements. IF I were a REX pilot, and relied on working RDO's, and was asked to STOP.... well, I would. but only IF I knew that all pilots were taking the same stand! Unfortunately it is a fragmented pilot body with little union backing. Lawrie Cox et al, make all the right noises, but rarely stand up for the pilots!

IF, I were a REX pilot, I would stop working RDO's IF 70% of the pilots were AFAP members, AND, the AFAP would suspend membership of management pilots to the AFAP.

Unfortunately, making a stand at REX, as a minority is only asking for extra attention.... and trouble! Certain managers there single you out and try to intimidate you into "toeing the line" as they see it.

One management pilot has had a great many complaints made against him by OTHER pilots, and the AFAP refuse to get involved because both sides are AFAP members! Whilst I realise it is not as black and white as we all would like it, pilots vs Management pilots is a no-win situation for the future of aviation in Australia. The AFAP either need to have the fortitude to suspend membership of pilots who take management positions.... or get out of "representing" aviation in those companies.

with less than about 70% of pilots willing to join the AFAP/TWU or whatever union they decide should represent them, the case for industrial action is weak.... and LKH and his cronies know it! they can keep on playing games for years to come, knowing that PIA is NEVER going to happen!!!!!

KRUSTY... keep fighting the good fight, my man...... and good luck!