PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas will be dead in 6 months
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2009, 01:35
Capt Kremin

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts
Qantas announces a 5% reduction in flying and Harbison pronounces it on life support and that Jetstar must save the day!

Give me a break.

Lets have a look at the headlines from the last couple of days shall we?

Singapore Airlines announced a 17% reduction in its fleet.
Cathay Pacific announced an 8% reduction in flying.
DragonAir announced a 13% reduction in flying.
Southwest Airlines announces its third consecutive quarterly loss.

Anyone notice a pattern here? Well run profitable airlines all suffering the same malaise it seems.

If I can offer a personal opinion on this thread. There are many contributors to Dunnunda who have sufferred from various ructions to their working life that were out of their control. A lot of them have done it hard. Thats life in this game unfortunately.
Human nature being what it is though, a lot of these pilots have seen their QF brethren seemingly sail through on good T&C's, good equipment and little to worry them while they have been doing it tough... There seems to be an overwhelming urge from some of them to see QF pilots finally get theirs...
Hence some of the posts on this board.
You may get your wish, I don't know. I can guarantee you however that any fleeting pleasure you will get out of QF's potential demise will be short-lived, and you won't be any better off after it... quite the contrary.
(dismounts the pulpit)

Last edited by Capt Kremin; 18th Apr 2009 at 03:13. Reason: Correcting the Singair statistic.