PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2009, 00:26
Bambe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Only 10 in CP 71 and 11 in 72.... Only due to a lack of finance.
One more thing about the training itself. It is, on my own point of view, very steep. You'll be asked to take a massive amount of information in such a small amount of time.

With regards to the finance, be extremely careful. Even if I think CTC remains one of the best option, you won't get a salary until 2 YEARS from day one (and maybe more).

If I can give 2 advices here.

First, if you are young enough don't ruch into a FTO borrowing hudge amount of money. Be patient (I know it's hard), get some experience, save some money. I worked in the oil riggs in Canada, bloody hard job but saved enough to fund my training with CTC without borrowing one penny from any bank. My parents only gave me what is necessary to pay for my food here in NZ.
I'm pretty happy today not to have to worry about any loan re-payment.

And next, get a cabin crew job before with one of the partner. Try your best to meet people in charge of pilot recruitment and talk about CTC, get some information about what is a pilot typical day... And most of all, get some e-mail and keep in touch with these people on a regular basis.
After your training, they could be very very useful.

I have heard so much crap from some random people. Take your own personnal decision, be adult. If this is the job you want, you will get it.