PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jail and 10-year ban for Thomson pilot!
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2009, 23:57
charlies angel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
to kick the tyres and frequent SLF.

Take your "logic" one step further.

What if both pilots are incapacitated? Have a third on board?
Maybe a Doctor ( or two, in case the first Doctor falls ill!!!)
Problem with the engines.
Lets take an engineer just in case.( dont let him take his tools on board though just in case his wife is being held hostage and he's been tasked by terrorists to kill the spare doctor with his Phillips no 7 screwdriver )
Several pax are kicking off, I know lets take along several tooled up policeman to keep the peace.
You see your arguments have no end in the REAL world.
In New Labour World total over regulation is the answer to everything.
There are no grey areas, just black and white.....right and wrong...legal and illegal. Theres the rub.
I'm afraid most people I know are a mixture of weak and strong , grumpy and happy, attractive and ugly.
I've flown with people who are tired and their performance can only be described as somewhat lacking! Worse than someone with very low levels of alcohol in them? I don't know. There was no machine handy to test their mental accuity at the time, but the CAA say it's ok so thats all right then
We're not androids we're human beings who happen to fly aircraft.
Lighten up a bit
You do know that we also set fire to fuel with no fire brigade on standby whilst airborne don't you? Goodness me, what if security or Elf n Safety found out about that then we'd be in serious trouble.Don't dob me in will ya?