PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - U still wan't to Scab
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2002, 16:13
ceeone30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
U still wan't to Scab

As I said before, it is an IFALPA ban . I cannot care what the boys at CX say, I am lead in my desicion by IFALPA.

International Airline Pilot Body Condemns Hong Kong Cathay Over Dispute
HONG KONG -(Dow Jones)- An international airline pilot labor organization Tuesday condemned Hong Kong 's Cathay Pacific Airways Ltd. (H.CPA) and its parent Swire Pacific Ltd. (H.SWP) for "unjust" treatment of their pilots.

The International Federation of Air Line Pilots' Associations, or IFALPA, passed a resolution at its 57th annual conference urging Cathay to agree to an independent mediator to discuss the airline's firing of 51 pilots last year following an industrial action.

Cathay pilots, unhappy with pay and rostering practices, began a "go-slow" work campaign last July after talks with management broke down.

"Be it resolved that the entire body of the IFALPA condemns in the strongest possible terms the actions of Cathay Pacific Airways management and its parent company, the Swire Group, for their unjust actions during the dispute," the IFALPA resolution said.

Swire Pacific owns 45% of Cathay. No specific actions were mentioned in the resolution.

IFALPA's resolution calling for mediation follows a similar demand made April 25 by the Hong Kong Aircrew Officers Association. Cathay rejected that proposal, the HKAOA said in a statement.

Also last month IFALPA won International Labour Organization agreement to investigate the dispute between Cathay and the HKAOA union.