PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jail and 10-year ban for Thomson pilot!
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2009, 22:38
ScottyDawg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi again guys and gals.

To the last two posters.. Even though aforementioned "old skipper" might have been feeling a tad delicate... Should a V1 cut or an EFATO have reared it's head..as Pilot Flying I would have done the needfull... as I had been outstandingly trained by said "old skipper"

As far as incapacitation goes... then as a young, virile.. (BP 120/60) kinda chap.. not much risk of that occuring... and you see there's the rub..!

Aviation is all about risk management... if you don't want to expose yourself to risk.. then stay on the ground and don't get airborn.

To villify and treat an individual in a similar vein to a drug induced, firearm wielding ned.. threatening bank staff going about their business.. is frankly wrong... end of story.

As previously stated... 3-4years ago, this guy would not have even appeared in a UK court...since then the numbers game has been played with by the politicians.. in trying to set intoxication 'limits' that are legally enforceable.

The insidious nature of this unfortunate event.. is.. and always will be the "dobbing in" culture.. that now prevades all aspects of UK life.

If you have never done 71mph on the motorway.. or committed any other such breach of the infinite laws we now live under... then feel free to preach away about how terribly disgusting the rest of your peers are.

This guy was dobbed in... and he was made an example of... unfairly.. I do hope the "dobbers in"... are perfect citizens and feel proud of their actions... but somehow.. I don't think so