PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2009, 17:35
TheBeak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
People appear rude because it is like banging ones head against a brick wall, pre-pilot training posters come up with the same 'i'll give it my all and come through a winner' chat non stop. I and others are giving advice for free because I feel it is my moral obligation to prevent others from making what I certainly perceive as a monumental mistake - one that will change your life for the worst forever. Get real, it really will unless you or your parents are loaded. If you pay me, you'll get it with a smile. Someone on here, I can't remember who, said they were a teacher and could fall back on that as a career - there are schools closing down as well you know - certainly private ones and there will be, as a result, surplus teachers. It wont be easy getting a job doing that either soon.

Look, there is no rule to it all and some people will get through all of this frictionless but it will be through who they know and huge amounts of luck - NOT an FTO or being a 'TOP GUN' pilot. Most wont. Ultimately you must do what you feel you must do but I am 99% certain that you will ultimately regret it, and that is coming from someone who loves flying more than anybody. No one loves it more. It isn't the flying that is the problem, it's the fact that too many underselected people are training to do it because training is too much of a business. As a basis you should need 3 Bs at A levels or to have followed a self improver route instructing and gaining experience - not just get debt, buy a job and devalue the industry, ANYONE can do it at the moment and that's why it is all such a mess - And look, I notice no one has come back and said they have failed selection recently......