PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK - NATS Pay negotiations - latest rumours
Old 17th Apr 2009, 17:07
TALLOWAY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I pledged not to do another AAVA when the pension saga began ... and I'm keeping my word.

The vast majority of our Watch also have a gentlemans/ladies agreement not to do them either ... and with a couple of individual exceptions, we don't.

The unit is finding it hard to find AAVAs to cover the normal shortfall and those created by management ineptitude. That is a good thing and we need to put even more pressure on our colleagues not to help NATS out. They have shafted us over pensions, they will shaft us over pay. Non op staff have been attacked and cut back. NSL is next, then it will be an assault on everyones T&C's. Yet some people can't see beyond the paltry bag of money which will be thrown at them and get NATS management out of the mire again and again ... at their own and their colleagues long term expense.

The AAVA rate is not even worth what it was when it first came in. In addition to there being no annual increase to match RPI, National Insurance increases also mean you get less in your hand than you did when it first came in.

Stop fannying about Prospect, stop aiding and abetting the management, pull the agreement now and let NATS come up with a solution or a substantially increased price for our goodwill and sacrifice.