PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA and Project Columbus III
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2009, 16:28
Crunchy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You know what? I just don't know what the solution is. No I don't think for one minute that we'll strike and it'll all blow over. In previous years there has always been an answer but in my heart of hearts, I agree that we are on a very sticky wicket this time and its scares me. But if they are going to do us over, then it won't be without a battle. Not at LHR. There are too many crew that will reject this 'new fleet'. BASSA have admitted they cant stop it but I think BASSA will have to eventually do the best possible deal on the 'new fleet' because the deal they're offering on the table now is very bad. No-one can deny that. We should have stopped them from doing it to LGW but we didn't. We allowed it to happen. Partly ourselves to blame. Oh if only I had a pound for every time I said this would happen to crew back then. BA have a cunning plan. They've been planning this for years. They're ready. Crew in poole. Hundreds of temps that are current and waiting for full time contracts, full time trainers at Cranebank etc etc. I guess I just think, why go down without a fight!! Might seem a stupid attitude, but my job is worth fighting for. I love my job. The BA crew are brilliant - is it so wrong to feel that way?