PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK - NATS Pay negotiations - latest rumours
Old 17th Apr 2009, 15:55
PH-UKU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the AAVA agreeement should be binned - NATS have now come to rely on it as 'standard practice'.

It is divisive, it pays over the 'going rate' for those at the bottom of scale, and only pays a normal days pay for those at the top. You will always get individuals who don't see the corrosive long-term effect it has on us all and will continue to trouser the cash but I would hope they will get less and less as the worth of it reduces and the 'goodwill' dries up.

I would further suggest if the Union don't have the balls for an out and out scrapping of the scheme, that they propose pro-rata rates (depending where you are on the payscale) to management. Hey, they could even propose it on the basis it saves management money

Top of scale to get the usual £500/£600 pre-tax payment - what they would get for a normal shift.
Bottom of scale gets 50% of that - also, what they would get for a normal shift.

Let's see how soon the system grinds to a halt.

Out of interest - to those that do AAVAs. Don't you feel you are being got on the cheap ? Do you ever wonder how many £000s your AAVA attendance actually saves NATS (in fines) in the short term?