PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Read the Books !
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2009, 12:16
NutLoose

Received 3,053 Likes on 1,290 Posts
h3dxbQuote:
Some of the stuff on my licence I looked up on Google as I had never heard of them, but they were on there under Section L as well, you just never realised the scope of your coverage
Wow, hope U will not sign, when U don't know, what covers yr license
But that is half the problem with the system as we speak, on my PART M licence I have listed DC7 DC6 DC4 DC3 etc, Now as of last March the listings changed to remove them from the Part M licence and put them back onto the Section L licence, of which I hold both, (and the CAA stated on the list those holding the PART M whom required the certification priviledges for the said aircraft, they would reissue a Section L to to enable them to carry on Certifying)

but supposing I found I no longer required the Section L which I already held, ( so was not party to the reissue) as everything I am signing including the DC7 was covered under 5 yearly Part M or so I thought, so come renewal say in December of this year I did not renew the 2 yearly Section L Licence, as my DC7 was there in black and white on my licence, then you could be in a position of signing out a DC 7 ( which I would never do even if it is on my licence as I do not know it) because now incorrectly it is printed on my licence, though it no longer has that privilege............ Minefield is it not, and a reason to keep checking the list as what your licence has on it these days can be a great work of fiction!

I realise the groups will settle down and become less fluid, but as new stuff comes on or goes off your coverage can be changing all the time, but without knowing of and being aware the listing has changed, which they do not let you know, then you may be certifying stuff listed on your licence that is no longer on that licence!

Take a Cessna 421, they put that down initially as a complex aircraft and set down parameters also on the list to define a complex aircraft were outside the limitations of the 421 for some oddball reason it was only given to me partially, but later realising the error it was then reintergrated into the group listing, though my licence now has both the group listing (that includes it now) and a separate limitation on it( that partially discounts it), that is no longer correct, nightmare huh!.

Now I realise my licence really needs updating, but when you read the list, they say they will be updated at the 5 year renewal, so as said before it no longer reflects what you have and say I applied for a job on the 421, try telling the Company or Owners that yes you have it, but no although your licence says you have limitations on it, they are now incorrect, luckily enough I have not been put in the position of having to test the system, my view is don't sign if unsure and I stick to that, I would contact licencing first and get it faxed in writing to me.

Last edited by NutLoose; 17th Apr 2009 at 12:33.