PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2009, 12:01
mattyh1986

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Negativity

The beak, im not saying anyone saying its a bad idea is just being negative, I'm trying to say that things like this are not needed:

"Alot of you need to go see a therapist or something because you are not making sense. You are deluded. You will ruin your families lives. You are absolutely mad. But hey, at least YOU will get your little hoilday in New Zealand flying aeroplanes, get some time expiring licenses and be able to say you tried"

I appreciate advice and a bit of realism but I don't see how this helps, its like your are trying to scare people off. These sort of statements "you will ruin your families lives" don't help anyone. I appreciate the industry is in a bad way at the moment and I have full sympathy for anyone struggling right now, and nobody knows what the economy is going to do next or how long its going to take recover.

I am not living in dream land and I am not trying to convince myself that Its all going to be rosy, I am listening to everything everybody is saying and I think there are a lot of valid points and its really making me seriously question my next move, which is the whole point of this anyway.

Its a good idea to remain objective, and although people have some good theories of how the situation is going to develop nobody actually knows for sure. So you shouldn't tell people that they are about to ruin their families lives. Just as your should not tell people they are guaranteed a job and its all going to be happy days from here on out.