PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Our Airline...What are they upto?
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2009, 11:37
down3gr33ns

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GC and 888: No, ON most definitely hired OJ to operate the NLK service on their behalf after the loss of VH-RON. Similarly they hired Air Pac to operate the NAN - TRW service. Both "hirees" saw what the situation was with the obvious potential, pursued the services in their own right and which each achieved after around 5 months of taking ON's money but without carrying any commercial risk in the meantime. Some would consider that unethical, others mercenary and opportunistic.

GC and Sayall etc: The loss of OJ's contract had more to do with them than not getting the -300, the NLK'ese just might have early last year served them 12 months notice to terminate under the terms of the contract. Consider that.

My info re the JQ guy was that he was a square peg in a round hole so it was for the better of all in the end. Each party was happy with the result although it would appear on the surface that one month is a very short time for an individual to decide something is not to your liking unless you were only there as a stop gap measure knowing that something else was in the offing - or you hadn't done your homework in the first place!!! Leaving turned out to be a poor decision for that individual as it happens.

The grapevine suggests "I Think So" is is now, "I Think, So Long, Bye, Bye" and that the Boob has elected not to post any more. Good, I say, there is enough drivel as it is. Well done Moderators.

Last edited by down3gr33ns; 18th Apr 2009 at 03:47. Reason: edited to clarify the meaning of a statement in paragraph two