Thread: AOA's position
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2009, 10:29
cxlinedriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLS

Look forward to seeing AOA position.

A few thoughts at this stage:

1. With extenders, why the hell should I have a pay cut?
2. Will the company fold if I don't take unpaid leave? Yes: Take the Leave - a job is better than no job. No: Then I am giving up pay to help the share holders out, nothing more
3. Will the company pay me back when they are making money again? Yes: Take the leave. No: Get stuffed
4. Will the company give me the leave in one block? Yes, maybe take the leave if you have the money and want the time off (I know I could do with a break - have been working damn hard and feel shagged). No: Then expect to have the roster stacked, be giving away money to change G and O days into SL days (Employment Contract states how many G Days one should get per year - anyone check if they actually get them all????)
5. Does the company pay 4 times more for a HKG Transit to Haeco than other airlines (transfer pricing - Haeco does not do profit share, so transfer the $ there and make CX look worse)? Yes: Stick the leave. No: Still stick the leave, I don't trust CX Magr.

Overall, I suspect the SLS is bull****. If they want to save a few $ chop the extendees and chop the blokes who hedged the fuel and conspired to fix cargo prices.