PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - An outside view of Dubai
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2009, 09:59
Tower Ranger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LLuke, you are behaving like a spoilt child, do you read your own posts?

I think the majority of contributers to this topic are in agreement that things in Dubai could be a lot better but as soon as anyone points out to you that similar things occur in every other country in the world you throw your toys out of the pram.

Have you ever lived in Dubai? I am curious to know why you have recently developed such an obviously unballanced opinion of the place. What you can`t seem to grasp is that the people from the subcontinents who find themselves in these positions have frequently been sold the dream, lied to and entrapped by their own nationals who have recruited them in their home countries. Don`t get me wrong , I am in no way defending the conditions or treatment when they get here, having helped a couple of them I have had to deal with the scumbag that employed them here on a first hand basis.

Maybe to you I am some sort of monster because I have a maid who turns up once a week to do my ironing and cleaning, but guess what, when I lived in the UK I had a guy who came around once a week and cleaned my windows for a few quid.

Ironically you are living in the Netherlands and Amsterdam is well known for many things although the two most famous are not its canal`s and bridges. Maybe you shouldn`t throw so many stones from your own back yard when you have so many glass windows and doorways of your own to shatter? Although I am sure that everything there is above board and none of the lady`s have been tricked into being there and they could all walk away from it at any time, right? Thank god you don`t have a drugs problem their either, right?

One of the attractions which brought me to Dubai was the opportunity to improve my own lifestyle and that is the very same reason that Indians, Chinese, Philipinos et al come here too. You may be surprised to know that the majority of them do just that and are happy to be here. I know one Philipina who works here earning 4500 DHS per month, considered a good wage for office work here, and owns a house and some land in Manila and a car in Dubai. These are things that she could never have acheived in the her home country. Dubai is making the headlines because it is Westerners that are leaving in their droves but in the Philipines 3000 people a day leave there to work overseas because of the problems in that country but that doesn`t make good sport for you does it?

Have a LLUKE at yourself and try to get a bit more perspective into your posts please.