PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK - NATS Pay negotiations - latest rumours
Old 17th Apr 2009, 08:46
Standard Noise
StandupfortheUlstermen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what we are experiencing now is only the tip of the iceberg....I'm sure worse is to follow
It is and it will. But here's the thing, everyone at a Band 5 unit used to think they were untouchable. The pension vote showed that they weren't and the management know that. Next week we will find out what the management have planned for NSL and we all know it isn't going to be good. The bigger units need to realise that once it happens to us in the small insignificant units, they're gonna come for you! We need to stick together, we can't afford to be inward looking and live in a "I'm alright, Jack" bubble. There are going to be 550+ ATCOs (and god knows how many ATSAs, engineers and other staff) in NSL who will need more support from their union and fellow ATCOs etc in NERL than ever before. If it doesn't come then we're all f**ked, eventually. If you care, phone, email or text your Prospect rep and tell them to support your colleagues in NSL come what may rather than accepting the management's pleadings of poverty (quite frankly, I wouldn't put it past PB and LH to appear in the intranet in sackcloth and ashes doing a turn as Oliver Twist 'please sirs, can we have some more?').

If you don't, then what do you fancy, pay freeze for the next three years, a cut in wages? New rosters that can fulfil the company's needs but with 20% less staff? Cuts in ASAP unless you work every nightshift in a year? Take your pick, I'm sure the management have many more ideas up their sleeves.

Roll on Tuesday! Can't wait.