PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: ASA Staff Shortage
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2009, 05:10
WELLCONCERNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, well, well.

A couple of controllers get a massively disproportionate rise from the EBA and you all go around like headless chooks patting yourselves and your incompetent negotiating team on the back!

The truth is, as I indicated previously, that the vast majority of controllers have been given a payrise that is way less than the cost of living when adjusted for the amount of time it's taken to negotiate the EBA - and the amount of time that has elapsed since the last EBA expired.

One can only assume that your next EBA negotiation will be managed just as badly - so in fact you will have achieved an average amortised pay rise of around 2.6 or 2.7 per cent per annum - WELL DONE - not!

Management at Airservices must be rolling on the floor with laughter at the fact that they got away with paying you less through negotiation than they might have been prepared to give you if you didn't bother negotiating! And not having to pay any rise for a year and a half since expiry of the last EBA is money in the bank for them. Watch who gets a big fat bonus for engineering that outcome - got to be worth 10-15% performance pay for at least 5 or 6 managers!

Well done to CivilAir's negotiating team - I don't think so. If I was one of the very few that got a good outcome I would become a life member of the union - and pay my fees for the next 20 years up front. But if I was one of the vast majority who have been screwed by this EBA - I would resign from the union, and use the fees to supplement my 'less than CPI' rise.

Go on - throw some spleen back at me - but look carefully at what you have accepted and say it isn't so that you've effectievly gone backwards.