PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MPL Alpha Aviation UAE - CAUTION!
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2009, 03:15
mountaintop2007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air Arabia commitment

BUT I agree with Silver5 and OMDB in one aspect: Air Arabia's presence at the other end of the pipeline should be the critical piece at the moment, as ICAO and the Danish authorities still can't seem to make up their mind on what to do with the Sterling Airlines experience. All the training of the MPL graduates (who have reportedly proven themselves to be very competent FOs) will be wasted if they cannot get conversion of their MPL training to another airline.

If ICAO approves the conversion, then nothing will prevent airlines from picking up MPL cadets at anytime even those they have not sponsored at the start, so ICAO is reluctant at the moment -- they are deathly afraid of kicking their own butts. I personally think it is all just a matter of time before ICAO approves the conversion....

So, Malirm/ Emiratesson, what exactly have Air Arabia offered? Employment for those who pass or pooling only? If info is not for public consumption, could you PM me? thanks and hoping for your indulgence