PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MPL Alpha Aviation UAE - CAUTION!
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2009, 02:09
SilveR5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So what happens if Air Arabia doesn't consider the MPL cadets at the end? Where do the students stand at that point and what options do they have? They can apply to any airline seeking A320 pilots, no? I mean all that A320 rating and sector training shouldn't be a waste of time (and money) I think.

The type rating here won't worth a penny! It was gained on MPL basis...so a cadet should obtain the fATPL in order to have his type rating recognized. The employer will look at the type of licence before he looks at a wealth of type ratings.

if they give you a promise & everything goes on well...you will get what you were promised for!!!, this is one of the very old traditions in this Country...
Come on, mate..
I can tell you that like many folks, I do love UAE and their traditions too...But do you really mean that a word of mouth might be equal to the written contract? In the airline industry?! In this materialistic world?!! I hope that you are right about this.

Anyways its a win/win situation
Don't you think that Air Arabia is trying not to make few minute commitments to the cadets? I can see Air Arabia winning more than any other party. And if things go wrong in a way or another, they will be getting out of it with very minimal losses. It's the LCC mindset that dominates mate

Apparently Air Arabia is more interested in low time MPLs than experienced but non type rated fATPLs... and that seems very wrong to me.
Yeah...I think thet are aiming at building a self-contained business model..and MPL is one aspect of it...Only time will tell how smart they have done it.

The decision you will be making about where and how to get your training is crucial. Let's keep in mind the history of Alpha Aviation back in their country of origin! May be things will be different in Sharjah.. And I hope so...But up until now , it's leaning towards the negative side of the term "may be" I think!

Safety comes first fellows.

Last edited by SilveR5; 17th Apr 2009 at 03:00.