PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Main Gear Boxes and The Grand Lottery
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2009, 18:59
HeliComparator

Received 39 Likes on 21 Posts
500e

I bother to walkround because its a required part of the maintenance schedule/pilots preflight check as detailed in the Flight Manual.

I can't help thinking that you have never actually looked at a HUMS groundstation. On the EC225 M'ARMS system for example, it monitors over 30 items in the transmission. For each of these items, there are on average about 10 different parameters to be graphed. Are you saying that before you go flying you want to check each of those 300 graphs? You had better come in early for your 07:00 departure then!

On the other hand, are you saying that you will allow the experienced licenced engineers trained in HUMS to trawl through the data, find a dodgy looking graph that in fact they asess as OK, show it to you so that you can say

"I don't care that I am not a licenced engineer, I haven't done the HUMS course, I have no experience of looking at HUMS graphs, but nevertheless I disagree with your assessment and refuse to fly the aircraft"?

If so you would have a very unhappy existance if you worked for a mainstream operator. This is my last response on this matter.

HC