PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester Airport Viewing Park
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2009, 18:20
Cloudrider1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Further update from MAN

Well I emailed back and got another reply. Fairplay, at least they seem to take feedback and want to be seen to help...

Thank you for the emails and the feedback, all of which is welcome good or bad. I've seen some of the comments on the forums but interestingly enough, yours is one of only two communications that have come directly into the office !

As Paul mentioned there has been a lot of investment into the park. Obviously there's a new hangar and visitor centre and a newly paved and extended viewing mound. The visitor centre is always open to the public and whilst it currently contains only information panels, we will be adding exhibits over the coming months. There are new toilets in the visitor centre. They were open over the holiday weekend and we will continue to open them at busy times. The existing toilet block will be refurbished shortly.

There is a new shop. A brand new covered takeaway will be opening in the next few weeks. The restaurant will be opening in May. There will be new catering choices as well as the tried and tested favourites. Rick and Arthur who currently operate catering on the park are concessionaires of the new restaurant and takeaway and I'm sure they can be relied upon to give the same outstanding value as they currently do to their customers.

We are trying to inprove public access to the park. You may have noticed that there is now a daily bus service operating every 30 minutes between the AVP, cargo centre and airport bus station. This is being subsidised by the airport and will run throughout the year.

At weekends and public holidays there will now be an aircraft open without charge. We had both Trident and the RJX open over the Easter holiday and we will be continuing with this policy throughout the year.

Whilst admission charges have increased, a family ticket is now available at £8. Regular visitors still have the option of season tickets which offer excellent value and we are looking at internet booking ahead of your visit with a discounted price, as is currently on offer at the airport.

Please don't think we take anyone's patronage for granted. We believe the AVP still offers excellent value and we will be doing all we can over the coming months to make it a safe, pleasant and appealing place for families and enthusiasts alike. As I mentioned at the beginning of this email, we are aware of the comments on the forums. The Visitor Centre is open seven days a week. We like to talk to people ! Please come in and if you have any concerns, anything you don't think is being addressed properly, any suggestions for improvements, come in and tell us !

Thanks again for the email.