PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The B777 fuel totalliser!!
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2009, 18:19
King on a Wing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation The B777 fuel totalliser!!

Hey all.
One of my buddies had an issue on a 777 some 2-3 nights ago.Was flying in from a major city into another.A/C fuelled with some 110T fuel.Ground engineer gives the captain the fuel log which has fuel uplifted and fuel that should be on board.Along with specific gravity and all that info.All is ok,right until the captain(my friend) checks the fuel onboard with what should have been onboard and it differs by just over 0.5T.
One thing led to another and the AME managed to convince the captain that the fuel onboard was actually what he had pumped in and the the totalliser was underreading!
A/C was dispatched and during cruize and descent and subsequent landing the fuel figures were as a matter of fact exactly as they should have been thru the flight.
Can anyone pls throw some light on this.What kind of a totalliser do u have on the 777.And what are the chances of it actually under/over reading.I thought that this issue had been resolved years ago with the use of some very modern equipment on the 777 fuel systems.Pls help here.
The "F/O" on that day just happened to be a senior instructor doing this captain's line check!! Therefore this query.....
Thanks in advance.....

Last edited by King on a Wing; 16th Apr 2009 at 18:25. Reason: Typo...