PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Main Gear Boxes and The Grand Lottery
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2009, 17:28
500e

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The graph shown early in the thread shows a large upward trend, are people saying that the manufacturers said this was within tolerances?? or the HUMMS was faulty ??.
If we say the indication was correct (as it turned out) why was it not acted upon or if a fault rectified as a matter of urgency.
Why is it not OK for the person strapping themselves in to ask questions about ANY method that helps make flying safer, I do not think or expect all pilots to understand in depth the system but there should be a custom graph showing expected readings and if the days \ flights data shows a marked deviation engineering should be there to explain.
HeliComparator why bother with walk round check then, you says can I fly it safely, if I am current this should be taken as read, as don't want to die so my walk round will as thorough as I can make it & any further information that is available will be factored into the go\ no go equation.
maxwelg2 The comments posted by you seem to be along the same lines as I think, everyone should be in the loop if you remove 1 link the whole chain is broken.