PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What do radiologists look at?
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2009, 16:07
kwachon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a cancer survivor, I can assure you I have had my share of scans, x-rays etc. My cancer was found by a radiologist investigating a complaint nothing to do with the cancer tumor ( I was not aware I had one), in fact all he did was advise me that there was a small shadow on the very edge of my x-ray and that I should talk to my doc about getting it looked into. It turned out to be lung cancer and I had to have my right lung removed. The original appointment was for a pulled muscle in my neck.

Since then I have had 180 radiation treatments with scans and x-rays done every 5th session. In my case they look mainly at the area of treatment but then look over the rest to see if any thing new has shown up.

I am British but live in the USA and have had all my treatment here. I am sure you radiologist will look over the whole scan/x-ray and basically feel you have nothing to worry about. Remember, he is not associated with your case, he will have just been given the documents and he makes the call, that way he is not influenced.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

KW