PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GB Rules - OK?
Thread: GB Rules - OK?
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2002, 09:36
Big Dog's

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If this continues as a discussion on the management practices (or otherwise)of BA managers, I think we will be losing the point. There is also plenty on the Chris Darke thread about how disillusioned BA pilots are with BALPA. As for benchmarking, somehow it occurs to me that this is irrelevant and just shows how caught up in the past many of you at BA are. Things seem to have been going down hill for you since the mid 90s. If you want to take charge of it and change things then you will, no doubt, have to do it yourselves-do you have the collective will? Time will tell.

In the meantime, I believe that no one, and that includes BA and GB pilots, will benefit from BA pilots flying for GB Airways on any scale. You will merely, as has been mentioned here, be undermining your own principles. Perhaps you would be good enough to convey this to your management when they approach you on this very subject.

As for us, we will contest any attempt by the management to bring in pilots from outside GB. If you think that sounds like your view of us in reverse, I would direct you to one of my earlier posts that questioned where you all were when franchising and the like was taking place. I think you need to ensure that this is not allowed to happen again and to see Scope as your long term aim. Hopefully this will allow you to concentrate on the many issue which now face you.

Good luck!