PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 1,750 jobs to go at Qantas
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2009, 14:01
S/H 737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Surfside6

I am not critisising you or your mate for what they earned if you earned $300K I would say good on you , I am merely stating the obvious in view of the recent job cuts and yes I know I sound like the company spruiking but from an outside perspective flight attendants, pilots and engineers appear to be well paid and these are areas where the company will seek to reduce labor costs and that there is a willing market out there who are willing to take your job for a lot less money. Your union already sanctioned the lower cost base to protect your jobs and look at how many applied.
We all know this I am merely weighing in on the debate and looking at the Labor cost side of the argument dealing with front line staff. I do not say you are overpaid I am saying out there people will do your role for less and maybe if you are proactive you can protect what is a very good and well paid job with fantastic benefits which are the envy of most people living in Australia.
I have the upmost respect for pilots and engineers and indeed flight attendants. I have made my point now i will leave it for others to find other angles as my argument is both sound obvious and it has all been said before.
Good luck in your career I hope you all manage to keep your conditions.