PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MPL Alpha Aviation UAE - CAUTION!
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2009, 12:28
malirm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ Slatch

Hi There,

I just wanted to have something(s) cleared out here,

Being in the UAE since birth, I know that there are no Guarantees what so ever...even UAE Nationals can't get that guarantees, but I know another important thing...if they give you a promise & everything goes on well...you will get what you were promised for!!!, this is one of the very old traditions in this Country...

In Aviation, connections with the emplyees in the Airline industry is a must, for example, I was in Bahrain for JAR-66 tests & met alots of airline employees from accross the region, some work for Gulf Air, Emirates, Kuwaiti Airlines...etc., I kept some contacts with them...everytime there is a job opening...they contact me first & offer their help throughout the application! & its the same thing in the Flight Ops...trust me, so no matter what, connections are number 1, in parallel to experience.

About coming from a wealthy family or so, I do come from a Kinda wealthy Family & had never thought about studying less or more, I just study, get my stuff done (High grades) & don't even ask for a penny from my parents, I try my best to get my money from my own work !, but this time...its a big one, my parents told me that if I didn't deserve it...they wouldn't even think about it...

Anyways its a win/win situation, where as a PPRuNer said, add up the costs of Quality Flight Training + MPL + Type Rating + CRM/MCC/FTDs + 12 TOs & Landings + additional 40 sectors (Air Arabia contract...not AAA) + Job Interview with a high % chance of employment...its really worth it !

About getting the enough money...I know a doctor at the Age of 37 who left his office & went for flight training in Canada...guess what...he is now working with Air Canada & waiting for his interview for Etihad !, so get a certificate, work for a couple of years (save money) then fly !