PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: REX Recruitment/Cadetship and Working for REX
Old 16th Apr 2009, 12:16
KRUSTY 34

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Mate, you're not missing a thing!

Actions speak louder than any words with these characters. It has to be action however that will be effective. At the moment the only effective action is for everyone (although mostly Captains now)to stop working on their days off. The poor F/O's (and I use that term litteraly) are now finding out just how impossible it is to live on $10-$15K below the national average wage (discraceful!), now that the option of overtime is no longer there! The problem is, that particular situation is unlikely to change, so the fight must, and quite appropriately be led from the top.

The second action that should move the company into rational thought will be the inevitable return to recruitment by the major airlines. Sadly it will take another bleeding of experienced pilots, and with the utter contempt being shown to them at the moment, very few if any will elect to stay. next time they will not be replaceable!

Don't hold your breath for REX to see the light in the meantime. The Chairman, the board, and our illustrious senior management have their heads so far up their collective backsides in this matter, that not even a 1,000 watt landing light could enlighten them!

For now though, think very carefully when crewing call you on your day off, and then ask yourself the question. How much am I really worth? It's not 1/4 of what they are paying Virgin and even Jetstar pilots, and it certainly aint' 20% less than what they were paying us 21 years ago!

And that's the real issue. The more REX management are allowed to get away with, the more they'll continue to lay the boot in. Untill one day our pay and conditions will be the joke of the airline industry.

Ooops! Silly me, we're already there

Last edited by KRUSTY 34; 16th Apr 2009 at 12:29.