PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 1,750 jobs to go at Qantas
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2009, 12:08
biton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why should VB or TT be in terrible shape just because Q is now struggling? The arrogance just keeps on coming. It has already been stated many times that Qs exposure to international travel is primarily putting it in the red now and last time I looked VB is a domestic airline with minor exposure to international travel through Vaus. I believe it is the other way around at Q. These statements don't surprise the rest of us though after reading some of the rumors surrounding VB that were coming from people on this site who now appear to have gone silent. Not so nice now that it's you in the hot seat hey? Don't worry though, we won't be stooping to your level and creating useless rumors like trying to pick the date of your demise or suggesting that you're paying cash for fuel or that VB has cancelled leave and ramped up training to prepare for Q going under. That would only make us as petty as you. Good luck to all those in the spotlight. Rest assured the company will pull every trick in the book to make this work to their advantage. Depending on how strong your union is, your EBA won't be worth the paper it's written on.

On another note, you may be aware that Jetstar is currently hiring. Despite everything going on at Q the Jetstar recruitment department has been ringing applicants to offer May interviews. This is not a rumor, this is fact as I personally know two pilots who have recieved phone calls in the last week. As they said at VB, it is the "position" not the person who is being made redundant and it seems that a great many positions at Q could be going to Jetstar as Joyce looks to lower the group cost basing. Good luck boys