PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AUH Formula One Ticket Prices
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2009, 11:18
Fox3snapshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
These prices are the norm and as I do about 8 or so a year...I will probably need another 10 years here in the Middle East to pay for them all!!

The most expensive grandstand seating is Monaco where an average price in the main waterfront area is about 5-600 Euro for the 3 days.

The track is due for inspection by the FIA in August and by all accounts everything is on the rails. The man managing the building of the track, Philippe Gurdjian, has a top reputation in the racing scene as 'the fixer' and has feathers in his cap including Malaysia, Magne Cours and ensured the Bahrain International Circuit was ready on time so am fairly confident he will get the job done.

David Coulthard (retired F1 driver) is in town for the week part of the Red Bull Air Race. He went out for a looksy around the track today with one of the RBAR pilots. Little Vid here:

YouTube - David Coulthard and Hannes Arch fly over Abu Dhabi F1 track

From the RBAR site:

Former Red Bull Racing Formula One driver David Coulthard and Red Bull Air Race World Champion Hannes Arch took to the skies above Abu Dhabi on Tuesday to get a bird’s eye view of the Yas Marina Circuit – a brand new venue that will host the final Formula One race of 2009 in November. Coulthard was flown in a two-seater plane by Red Bull Air Race media pilot Sergio Pla on a high-speed, high-G ride over the spectacular new race track that is being built on the Yas Island for the first Formula One Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix. The 2009 Red Bull Air Race World Championship takes off on 17/18 April in Abu Dhabi.

“It amazes me how quick they can build things in this region even though it looks like they’ve still got some of work to do,” said Coulthard, an advisor to Red Bull Racing who said he is already looking forward to watching the race in person. “We saw the whole circuit and I’ve seen models of it before. It looks very good. I can already visualise what it’s going to look like. Most of the tarmac has already been laid down. There are a few corners that aren’t done yet. I wish I was going to get the chance to drive it.”

Designed by legendary German Formula One circuit designer and architect Hermann Tilke, the track with its 20 corners twists around a 5.6-km course around the island, a gem on the shores of the glittering waters of the Arabian Gulf just outside Abu Dhabi. Built by the Aldar Properties construction company, the complex includes a Ferrari world theme park, a marina, residential areas, water park, leisure facilities along with hotels and beach resorts nearby.
Looking forward to having a race right on the doorstep...will save me the airfares anyway!!!