PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Relatives claim government failed to protect victims of RAF Hercules crash
Old 16th Apr 2009, 11:11
flipster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leon,

I'd lay off the Boddies for a while, if I were you. Never drink and type! Nonetheless, your forthrightness is your perogative. Such a stance would have been more useful coming from some people in 'procurement' that GBZ talks about - they are the ones who won't say 'boo to a goose' for fear of losing their career. Perhaps if certain people had 'thrown their dummies' then maybe we wouldn't keep getting so many corteges through Wootton Bassett. GBZ - It might have been an 'interesting' military but perhaps one more efficient and better protected?

Thanks Topbunker,

Nige - correct! With a less 'political' and more 'vigourous' leaders, then the RAF may have been better supported going to battle but then again....? However, even the best leaders would be hard pressed to fathom out the dark world of procurement and where it has gone so badly wrong .

I agree: the shredding of evidence, even with higher-level permission or even complicity, is lamentable. What is point of having files if people destroy them just when they become useful? I believe that the coroner was scathing about this aspect as well? Whenever I was asked to sign off operations/training files for destruction, I tried to read the through files and I asked myself the question

"Could these be useful to my successors?"

If the answer was 'yes' or even 'maybe', then they didn't get binned. The admin files on the other hand.....!

Last edited by flipster; 16th Apr 2009 at 11:21.