PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Our Airline...What are they upto?
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2009, 04:46
sayallafter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cyclone8888

I take your point regards Wikipedia, however wishing it not to be true does not stop it from being true.

Here is a copy of a news release from the Export-Import Bank of the United States issued 17 December, 2005, maybe that is a more acceptable source for you.

"AUSTRALIAN COURTS ORDER AIR NAURU TO SURRENDER AIRCRAFT TO EXPORT-IMPORT BANK OF THE UNITED STATES

The Australian High Court has let stand a lower court ruling that an Air Nauru Boeing 737-400 aircraft must be surrendered to a trustee for the Export-Import Bank of the United States (Ex-Im Bank) in Melbourne tomorrow morning at 10:15 a.m. (Sunday, December 18, Melbourne time)."

What has this do with the present situation, probably nothing, however it shows that Air Nauru was not in a very good position to provide a service to NLK as of December 2005.

Thus I feel that the word "borrowed" in relationship to Ozjet taking up the NLK contract was loose usage of that term.

And plese don't take this the wrong way, I am in no way implying OA cant complete the contract this time, just delving into the history of it all. (And feenix, no I don't know the full story and maybe the truth can get a little lost in news releases etc).